Angela Fagu has been educated at the Academy of Fine Arts in Florence in painting and engraving, achieving maximum profit.
Subsequently she has enriched her artistic experience taking part in numerous exhibitions and art reviews obtaining important awards and prizes.
Currently Angela Fagu is jointly owned with Riccardo Piagentini of a contemporary art gallery in the heart of Florence. As Art Director is interested in the selection and promotion of international artists, with passion and extreme care, in order to promote the development of new trends and artistic expressions, as well as create exciting opportunities of confrontation about the current art multilingualism.
The Angela Fagu’s Art, both in pictorial that in engraver field, is characterized by an extraordinary expressive authenticity, combined with a deep taste in the tract and an excellent method of composition. The constructive energy of the graphic sign as well as the firm compositional structure, that holds each figuration, are the result of a careful preparation in the academic area. The strength of the sign and the decisive plastic-structural definition of the compositions is tempered, however, thanks to a general sensitivity of vision, which is manifested in the delicate chiaroscuro passages and in the refined and enveloping atmospheric modulations. The artworks thus maintain an intimate and refined dimension even when the subjects is illustrious as in “Portrait of Pietro Annigoni.” In portraits the artistic language of Angela Fagu seems to express its highest potential, creating images insightful, where the optic truth is interwoven with a subtle but intense psychological dynamism.
Engraving and painting are two means and autonomous languages but in Angela Fagu’s work are able to integrate and overlap themselves in a single vision, where the creative vis is always regulated and harmonized by the delicacy of spirit.
Competitions and exhibitions
- Winner of the first prize of the competition “The camellias in bloom” at Pieve San Paolo, Lucca 2003.
- Participation to the competition “Young Art 2006” with subsequent exposure in the headquarters of the Group Donatello, Florence.
- Participation at the contest “Santa Croce 40 years later” with the next exhibition held in the Crypt of Santa Croce, Florence 11- November 12, 2006.
- Participation at the collective in the exhibition center painting ANRAC IV exhibition invitation: “Free expression” 3 to 8 November 2007.
- Participation at the collective in the exhibition center painting ANRAC IV exhibition invitation: “The magic of color” From 14 al 20 July 2007.
- Participation at the collective in the exhibition center painting ANRAC IV exhibition invitation: “Feast of rificolona” As from 1 to 7th July 2007..
- Collective participation in Piazza in Poggio a Caiano
- Participation in the competition “Young Art 2007” with subsequent exposure in the headquarters of the Group Donatello, Florence.
- Participation in the Festival of Creativity, Florence Fortezza da Basso from 23 to October 26, 2007.
- Participation at EXPO art Fiera del Levante in Bari, 3 to April 6, 2008.
- Participation in the exhibition at the headquarters of the California State University “The New Breath” 23 to 30 May 2008 in Florence.
- Third place at 42 ° National Painting Competition “Pro Lastra – Enrico Caruso” Lastra a Signa Old Hospital of St. Anthony, Florence June 1, 2008.
- Exhibition at the Gallery of Modern Art Mentana entitled “3 Open Spaces” from June 28, 2009 July 20 of 2009.
- Participation at the competition “Young Art 2009” with subsequent exposure in the headquarters of the Group Donatello, Florence.
- First Classified youth category in the competition National Prize of Painting “St. George” Pistoia 2009.
- Exhibition at Mac’n Museum of Contemporary Art and the twentieth century at the Villa Renatico Martini from 29th November, 2009 to March 7, 2010.
- Exhibition at the Q1 of Florence “Artistrada” Saturday, October 8, 2011.
- Exhibition at the Rock Ariostesca in Castelnuovo di Garfagnana entitled “The Languages of Art” 10 to 20 December 2011.